People get ring tattoos for a variety of reasons; however, wedding ring tattoos symbolizing a couple’s union ranks at the top of the list. Wedding rings permanently tattooed around one’s finger can make a bold statement about a couples marriage and undying love for each other. There is also a certain security that comes with knowing that these rings cannot be taken off during arguments, or put in one’s pocket for a night out with friends.
Ring tattoos often signify commitment, whether they be commitments to one’s partner, God or family. They are also a great alternative for people who are prone to losing jewelry. They have also become quite popular among those looking for creative and fun ways to express themselves through body art and can often symbolize something important in a person’s life.
It is not uncommon to see ring tattoos that consist of repetitive patterns. These patterns often consist of bands of hearts, flowers, stars or tribal art. Occasionally, single bands of brightly colored ink are chosen over more decorative styles.
Inspirational Ring Tattoos
People often choose to have inspirational words tattooed around their finger as a way to remind themselves of someone or something significant in their lives. Some of the most common inspirational words used for ring tattoos include: love, hope, dream, honor, trust and faith.
Animal Ring Tattoos
Animals often carry special meanings for many people. Wrapping a snake, lizard or butterfly around one’s finger creates an interesting and eye-appealing ring tattoo design. Other popular animal designs include dolphins, birds, cats, paw prints and animal prints (such as tiger stripes, zebra stripes and leopard spots). It should be noted that the space for a ring tattoo is limited to the circumference of the finger and too much detail in such a small space may cause the tattoo to eventually blur.
Wedding Ring Tattoos
Wedding ring tattoos have become popular among couples looking for an alternative to traditional, metal wedding rings. Wedding ring tattoos are ways for couples to show their unwavering commitments to each other; however, in some cases, they are chosen because they are less expensive than traditional wedding bands. People with certain occupations, such as the military or factory work, may also choose wedding ring tattoos as they are unable to wear traditional wedding rings while working for safety reasons.
There are many different styles and designs to choose from when looking for wedding ring tattoos. Many people choose to have their spouses name or initials written around their ring finger, while others choose to have their wedding date tattooed there instead. Some couples even chose to inscribe essential portions of their wedding vows around their finger, the most popular being the words “I DO.”
The most popular styles of wedding ring tattoos generally consist of various styles and designs of Celtic tattoo art. Each of these styles features complex patterns of intricate knots, mazes, rope work or spirals and stand to signify a couples unity and commitment while also carrying other important values.
• Celtic Knot Wedding Ring Tattoos: The Celtic Knot is thought to be the oldest form of Celtic artwork. It is comprised of various, intricate geometric shapes. The most remarkable quality of a Celtic knot design is that it has no beginning and no ending. Celtic knot wedding ring tattoos signify the continuity of ever lasting love and the intertwining of two separate souls.
• Love Knot Wedding Ring Tattoos: The Love Knot is said to signify never-ending love, eternal life and incandescent spirit. This design is composed of two continuous, unbroken loops that are intertwined and inseparable from each other. As the lives of the bride and groom are merged in eternal unity and fidelity, so are the circular strands, inseparably bound together for eternity.
• Trinity Knot Wedding Ring Tattoos: The Trinity Knot is comprised of three points interconnected as a triangle—it stands as a symbol of the Father, the Son and The Holy Ghost in Christian religion. It is also known to represent the three elements of earth, fire and water. Trinity knot wedding ring tattoos signify eternity and eternal love.
• Triple Spiral Wedding Ring Tattoos: The Triple spiral, also referred to as “Triskele” or “Triskelion,” is composed of three interlocking spirals. These spirals are known to represent fertility, reincarnation, creation, preservation, commitment and eternity.
• Claddagh Wedding Ring Tattoos: Claddagh rings are commonly known as symbols for friendship and true love. They are also meant to represent both commitments and promises. This design consists of a crowned heart held between two hands. The hands signify friendship while the heart represents unassailable love and the crown signifies loyalty.
View professionally designed ring tattoos NOW!